If you haven't done so already, it would be a great idea to check your bagged salad because Ready Pac Foods has recalled 12 types of salad in 15 states due to possible E. coli contamination.
The company has issued a voluntary recall for bags containing romaine lettuce with a use by date of November 18th, which were sold in Alaska, Arizona, California, Colorado, Hawaii, Idaho, Montana, Nebraska, Nevada, New Mexico, Oregon, South Dakota, Texas, Washington and Wyoming.
Over 5,000 cases of salad were suspected to be tainted by E. coli after the bacteria was picked up in a sample testing, so check your refrigerator for the following types of salad:
- 10oz. Ready Pac Caesar Romaine
- 9.25oz Ready Pac Santa Fe Caesar Complete Salad
- 10oz. Ready Pac Classic Caesar Complete Salad
- 10oz. Ready Pac Bella Romaine
- 10oz. Dining In Classic Caesar Salad Kit
- 10oz. Raley’s Caesar Romaine
- 10oz. Trader Joe’s Romaine Salad
- 16oz. Trader Joe’s Very American Salad
- 10oz. Safeway Farms Caesar Romaine
- 9oz. Safeway Farms Hearts of Romaine
- 10oz. Safeway Farms Complete Caesar Supreme
- 10.25oz Safeway Farms Complete Southwestern Ranch
E. Coli can cause serious symptoms in those with weaker immune systems like children or the elderly, but will most commonly cause bloody diarrhea, stomach cramps, and nausea.