The Muppets may not be getting the best reviews for their ABC show, but they're certainly still trying to stay fresh with their commercials!
Ch-ch-check it out (above) and tell us what YOU think!
"EVERYONE keep gum away from your dogs Sid just 8 half a pack and almost died! Thank god I got him to the vet on time!"
ater that night, Osbourne gave us this optimistic update:
Finally home with Sid thank god! tonight made me realize just how much i really love my little boy thank you so much TLC vet for saving him! Sat here watching Sid sleeping as i am to scared to fall asleep just in case he starts getting sick again! how do i love this dog so much?
Teddy Hilton's very own celebrity vet Patrick Mahaney, sad this is a very common, and tragic occurrence. He told us that consumption of only a few pieces of sugarless gum can cause your dog to get very sick. The blood sugar level rapidly drops, causing hypoglycemia with clinical signs of ataxia (stumbling around) and weakness.
Additional symptoms of Xylitol toxicity include (but are not limited to):
Lethargy, Vomiting (Emesis), Diarrhea and Seizures.
If untreated, Xylitol toxicity can also lead to liver failure, blood clotting abnormalities, and death. (SOOO SAD!)
If you suspect your dog has consumed a toxin, call your veterinarian and the ASPCA Animal Poison Control Center ((888) 426-4435) to start a case file with a board certified veterinary toxicologist.
It is totally worth the $65 fee and will help to determine the best treatment for your pet.
[Image via WENN.]