It's great this guy was fired but it's so terrible that it happened at all, let alone several times.
He was a veterinary technician at a Los Angeles animal shelter.
Manuel Boado was fired for failing to sedate the dogs he was euthanizing.
He would bring the dogs into a room with other dead animals and insert a euthanizing needle into their jugular veins. None of which is permitted.
Several co-workers testified against him saying that he would yell at the animals and repeatedly jab them with the needle, causing excessive bleeding.
One employee became sick to her stomach when working alongside him.
A co-worker said about the incident:
"By trying to jab them with the needle, he was causing them to bleed a lot. [She] said she had never seen so much blood before or witnessed anyone do what [he] did to the animals."
This man is disgusting. He was adding a "fear factor" to the animals death by not sedating them first.
The departments GM said:
"It is totally unconscionable to add an element of fear if you're about to take an animal's life away."
You're darn right it is!
We're glad he's out of that shelter.
If you're as upset by this as we are, and you're financially ready and responsible enough, you should consider adopting a dog.
Save a life.
[Image via FayesVision/WENN.]
Tags: dog, euthanasia, fired, inhumane, needle, shelter