We can't stop cringing.
A man in India was a pneumonia patient at a hospital in Kolkata (formerly Calcutta).
When his family members arrived for a visit, they found him in a pool of blood with no medical staff around.
One of the man's relatives said:
"No nurse was found at the scene and he was writhing in pain. His penis had been nibbled by rats."
The relative also said the hospital staff had:
"[…] admitted the presence of rats in the hospital."
The man was pronounced dead shortly after the family discovered him.
This is terrible.
We hope some serious changes are implemented at the hospital.
No one should ever have to suffer such an awful way to die.
[Image courtesy of Xavier Rossi/APOPO/WENN.]