Whether its the kids (or pets) waking you up or other early morning easter festivities, Easter brunch can be very important for the family.
Check out some of PETA's dishes on a healthy, vegan brunch! Bon appetit!
CLICK THE JUMP to learn more!
PETA’s Easy Easter Brunch Menu
On Easter morning, whether you're enjoying a piece or two of vegan candy, you'll want to indulge in a decadent, yet easy brunch to celebrate the holiday with your family.
Here are some Easter brunch menu suggestions to help you create a savory and sweet holiday meal that everyone can enjoy.
Italian Easter Pie
2 cups all-purpose flour
1 cup dairy-free margarine
1/4 tsp. sugar
1 1/4 tsp. salt
1/4 cup water
1 lb. vegetarian sausage, crumbled
2 lbs. firm tofu, crumbled
1/4 cup soy Parmesan cheese
1/4 cup minced fresh parsley
1/2 tsp. fresh ground pepper
1/4 tsp. cayenne
1/4 tsp. paprika
1/4 tsp. ground fennel seeds
• Preheat the oven to 350°F.
• In a food processor, combine the flour, margarine, sugar, and 1/4 tsp. of salt. With the machine still running, add the water to form a dough ball.
• Divide the dough into two balls and set aside.
• In a large bowl, combine the vegetarian sausage, tofu, soy Parmesan, parsley, remaining salt, pepper, cayenne, paprika, and fennel seeds.
• Roll out the dough into two 11-inch circles. Place one circle in a 10-inch pie plate and spread the filling mixture over it. Cover with the other dough, pinch the edges, and prick the center with a fork.
• Bake for 1 hour, or until golden brown
4 medium yellow potatoes, peeled and cubed
1 Tbsp. vegan margarine, plus more for buttering the bread
2 Tbsp. nondairy cream cheese
4 marinated artichoke hearts, minced
1-2 Tbsp. soy Parmesan cheese
1/2 cup grated vegan Monterey Jack cheese (try Follow Your Heart brand)
1 onion, grated
2 Tbsp. fresh chives, minced
1/2 tsp. salt
1/8 tsp. pepper
1 French baguette, cut into 1/4-inch slices
Garlic salt, to taste
Paprika, to taste
• Boil the potatoes until tender, about 20 minutes. Drain and return to the pot, off the heat. While still warm, add the vegan margarine, nondairy cream cheese, and artichoke hearts. Mash until smooth. Transfer to a container, cover, and refrigerate until cool.
• Add the cheeses, onion, chives, salt, and pepper to the potatoes. Mix well. Set aside.
• Spread one side of each baguette slice with a thin layer of vegan margarine. Sprinkle with the garlic salt. Spread a heaping spoonful of the potato mixture on the opposite side of the slice and place it, potato-side-up, on a baking sheet. Repeat with all slices. Sprinkle a bit of the paprika on each slice.
• Bake at 400°F until crispy, about 10 minutes
Click the links to find out more!
Chocolove Dark Chocolate bar