Mother of four and dog lover Robin Sullins suffered a minor dog bite on Christmas, and she's been fighting for her life since.
The Texas native was rushed to the hospital where doctors put her on life support. After some tests, they found out that Sullins was suffering from the capnocytophaga bacteria.
While the bacteria is common in pets (nearly one third of cats and dogs have it) and their saliva, capnocytophaga rarely sickens humans.
Doctors had to amputate Sullins' legs and nearly all of her fingers. Sullins was jobless when she was bitten, and family members are asking for donations to support her medical bills.
Check out the video (above) to learn more about this heartbreaking story.
Tags: amputation, attack, bite, dog, health, pets, robin sullins, sad, sickness