Fire crews at Langwarrin in Melbourne, Australia got to save a tiny life recently.
Here's the story:
A koala was hit by a car and took refuge in a tree.
When they went to rescue the little critter...
This just seems like blatant animal cruelty!!
But actually, it's more complicated than that.
Some pet owners give their pets medical marijuana, and not in a hold them down and blow smoke in their face like an evil high school stoner way.
Their animals have bad arthritis or cancer and they give them medicated snacks to help alleviate the problems.
"I do think there are therapeutic benefits to it. Anything people find effective on themselves, they are going to transfer to their pets."
But it's important to get the dosage right, or else the pet could get really lethargic and risk even choking on their own vomit.
As weed becomes more and more legal in new places, these issues are going to become bigger.
So for now, maybe keep the bong away from Fido.
At least consult a vet first!
[Image via Michael Hays/Wikimedia Commons.]