A teenage boy from Kyrgyzstan died on Monday and the cause of death has been determined to be the Bubonic Plague!!
After it was determined what killed him - health officials moved quickly and quarantined nearly 200 people in an effort to stop the spread of the disease. Health officials do NOT believe they have an epidemic on their hands.
The 15-year-old boy named Temirbek Isakunov told medical personnel that he contracted the illness after eating an infected barbecued Marmot.
Although the bubonic plague, also known as the Black Death, is relatively rare these days - every now and then there are reports of it cropping up in random parts of the world.
If treated quickly after its contraction - antibiotics can treat the disease that once wiped out millions and millions of Europeans hundreds of years ago.
Still, that's a tremendous loss for this young child's family, and we offer them our sincerest condolences.
We're sure the fact that such an occurrence is very rare is most likely not easing their grief over the loss of such a young man.
[Image via WENN.]
Tags: bubonic, died, health, icky icky dog poo, kyrgyzstan, plague, rip, sad sad, scary, tacky and true, teens, wacky