First off, we want you to know that the squirrel was already dead when it was set on fire. We hope.
Barbara Pellow, a Michigan woman, is being sued for over $2 MILLION because her boyfriend accidentally burnt down her apartment.
That's NUTS! (Squirrels!)
Her boyfriend apparently caught a squirrel on her third-story deck, and decided to cook and eat it. His name is Khek Chanthalavong so maybe he's from somewhere where eating squirrels is normal?
Anyway, instead of trying to skin it like normal, he decided to use a blow torch to burn its fur off. After that, he went inside to cook the squirrel.
But he left the torch in the corner of the deck. We guess he left it burning or something ridiculous, because Pellow woke up to him yelling and trying to use water to put out the already massive fire.
The flames spread too quickly and enveloped the apartment complex, destroying eight units and damaging 24 others.
So now the insurance companies responsible for the apartments are suing Pellow and Chanthalavong because they had "a duty to act with reasonable care on the apartment premises," according to one of the lawsuits.
That's so awful, we feel so so bad for the woman whose idiot boyfriend burned down her apartment, leaving her on the hook for $2,000,000!!
Also… don't eat squirrels! That's gross! Ick!!
Tags: apartment, burn, crazy, danger, dead, fire, fur, gifs, insurance, legal matters, michigan, million, skin, spread, squirrel, sued, suing, tacky and true, wacky