It looks like Jorah Mormont had it right when he told Khaleesi dragons could NEVER be tamed on Game of Thrones!
OK, so that actually doesn't really apply here! But in real life, pet bearded dragons are proving to be quite dangerous as they are believed to be the cause of a salmonella outbreak over the past two years!
Half of those infected were children, and authorities were able to trace the disease back to breeders who raised the reptiles in unsanitary conditions before selling them to pet stores!
However, according to reptile education expert Jim Nesci, some of the responsibility falls on the pet owners as well:
"The biggest problem is the way people keep stuff. If they keep it filthy and they handle the animal, it's a problem. It's called hygiene you can't let your animal live in crap."
Salmonella can lead to diarrhea, sepsis, and meningitis, and in some cases the disease can actually resist antibiotics!
Owners of bearded dragons are being warned to them away from any food or water and to be sure to disinfect any surface the lizards come across!
So what's the moral of the story? Next time you go to a pet store, try buying a hamster instead!