Looks like CNN and the Mother Nature Network (MNN) have got our pets’ safety in mind for the New Year.
Here are some essential Pet First Aid Kit items, recommended by MNN’s Morieka Johnson:
– Typical First Aid Kit items – Bandages, cotton balls, rubbing alcohol, gauze, cotton swabs, and adhesive tape
– Latex-free gloves – To help prevent infection
– Tweezers – For removing ticks
– Muzzle and leash – For emergency transport purposes
– Digital thermometer – Pick up a “fever” thermometer, which tracks higher temperatures, and try to get a rectal reading
– Activated charcoal – Helps prevent poison absorption, and can be used to induce vomiting (but consult a professional before use)
– Benadryl – For bug bites and bee stings
– Clean cloths – To absorb bleeding or to cover wounds
– Emergency phone list – Should include veterinarian #, as well as ASPCA Animal Poison Control Center hotline (1-888-426-4435)
– Cone of Shame (E-collar) – Prevents pets from licking or irritating wounds
Lots of great advice!
Accidents certainly do happen, so it’s def worth it to be prepared!