It’s soooo easy to go overboard on summer holidays like the Fourth of July.
– Choose healthier, leaner grilling options. Instead of high fat burgers and hot dogs, try chicken or turkey sausage, ground chicken or turkey burgers, and grilled chicken burgers.
– Buy low fat sides. Save calories by choosing baked chips, pretzels, fresh fruit and salads. Avoid potato salad, cole slaw, and regular chips.
– Condiments add up in calories! Cut back on a few hundred calories by using low fat mayo, low fat thousand island (great on burgers!), and low fat cheese.
– Beverages and booze turn to fat just like food! Drink your alcohol slowly. Calories are calories. Choose light beers, diet sodas, and low cal margaritas.
– Drink 8oz of water after each alcoholic beverage.
– If you overeat, get back on track the next day!
Awesome tips! See? You can still enjoy a summer cookout with friends and family without overindulging.
Have a happy, safe, AND healthy Fourth!