The cast of Grey’s Anatomy is perhaps one of the only group of actors on television (not counting Glee) that can come together to put on a musical performance and do it WELL!
Sara Ramirez, Chandra Wilson, Kevin McKidd, Justin Chambers, Jessica Capshaw, James Pickens Jr., Sarah Drew, Kim Raver, Sandra Oh and Eric Dane took the stage at UCLA’s Royce Hall on Sunday to sing (at least, most sung) to a nearly sold out crowd in order to raise money for the Actor’s Fund.
And raise money they did! After the two-hour spectacle was all said and done, show creator Shonda Rhimes and her actors managed to raise $100,000 for the organization that helps out entertainment professionals when they have fallen on hard times.
Following Sara Ramirez’s rendition of Brandi Carlile‘s The Story, which sources describe as “chill-inducing rendition”, Rhimes took the stage to encourage the audience to support the Actors Fund, saying:
“The fans make it possible for us to be the lucky ones. I believe in the joy I get from watching TV, film and theater, and a $25 donation to the Actors Fund would be saying you believe in the arts, too.”
When they weren’t singing, the cast poked fun at their past and read both praise and criticism of the show’s musical episode, which aired last March. By the end of the segment, they even hinted that we could be watching ANOTHER musical in season 13!
Check out who sang what on the set list below!
1. Chasing Cars – Sara Ramirez, Kevin McKidd, Chandra Wilson
2. How We Operate – McKidd
3. There’s a Girl – Sarah Drew
4. Wait – Wilson, Drew
5. Running on Sunshine – James Pickens Jr. Justin Chambers, McKidd, Ramirez, Kim Raver, Jessica Capshaw, Drew, Wilson
6. Young Folks – Chambers and his three daughters
7. Everywhere I Go – Wilson
8. Keep Breathing – Ingrid Michaelson
9. Looking at the World From a Bottom of a Well – McKidd
10. The Story – Ramirez
11. How to Save a Life – Everyone (Except Oh, Dane)