First off, we have to say that we’re SO LUCKY to have Cheryl Burke giving us EXCLUSIVE fitness wisdom! We are blown away by how open and honest she is about what needs to be done to stay happy and healthy!
Second off, we’re super glad that she’s not afraid of cheese! It’s refreshing to see a celebrity not be absolutely afraid of it — cheese is good in moderation, of course!
Now, if you’ve been wondering how Cheryl keeps in shape and why contestants on Dancing With The Stars lose so much weight, you don’t have to wait long for an answer! All you have to do is move your mouse and click PLAAAAAAAY!!!
Afterwards, you should totally check out these tips AFTER THE JUMP!!
1) Pack snacks with a punch of protein. Pairing protein and carbs is a great way to help stay full and energized. My go-to high quality protein source is Sargento Natural Cheese Snacks ├óΓé¼ΓÇ£ they├óΓé¼Γäóre delicious, and have at least 4 grams of protein per serving. Plus, their portability makes them convenient when I├óΓé¼Γäóm on-the-go.
2) Eat when you├óΓé¼Γäóre hungry. My schedule varies day to day, so instead of eating on a rigid schedule, I snack when my body tells me, which keeps me satisfied without overindulging. If I choose a snack that is flavorful and nutritious, I feel better longer.
3) Listen to your cravings. I always listen to what my body wants and try to find smart solutions to satisfy the tastes I├óΓé¼Γäóm craving ├óΓé¼ΓÇ£ like tuna when I want something salty or a banana when I want something sweet. It├óΓé¼Γäós about the balance of satisfaction and moderation.
4) Stay hydrated. Even when you├óΓé¼Γäóre not sweating from dance practice like me, it is still easy to become dehydrated. Regardless of what I├óΓé¼Γäóm snacking on, I├óΓé¼Γäóm always drinking water. To help increase water intake I recommend adding slices of oranges or cucumbers for a bit of flavor.
5) Do an activity you love. I started dancing when I was four and it still gets my heart rate up. Think about your favorite activity and find a way to fit it into your workout for a routine that will motivate you to be active and one that you├óΓé¼Γäóll enjoy.
6) Be committed. You don├óΓé¼Γäót need a dance floor to be active. All it takes is a time commitment. Try dedicating 10 minutes three times a day to your fitness. Learn activities you can do in the work place, on your lunch break or even while watching TV.
Thank you so much, Cheryl! Such fab tips!!