This is sad beyond our comprehension!
Two Canadian young brothers, ages 5 and 7, were strangled to death by a 100 pound python that had escaped from an exotic pet store that was located downstairs.
The snake apparently was able to leave its enclosure by going through a ventilation system and then fell through a ceiling and landed on the boys who were sleeping directly underneath them.
The owner of the pet store in Campbellton, New Brunswick didn’t even realize what had happened until he entered his living room, where the two boys were, and discovered the “horrifying scene.”
The boys were friends of the store owner’s own son who thankfully was sleeping in another room and was unharmed.
A snake expert believes the python did not strangle the boys out of malicious intent but rather because the snake was trying to hold on to something.
Here’s what the expert said:
“A snake that size was just trying to hold on securely enough to make sure he felt like he wasn’t falling or going anywhere; he has enough muscle power to cut off circulation.”
Whatever the reason – this is devastating news.
Our hearts go out to the boys’ friends and family during this extremely difficult period in their lives.
[Image via Twitter.]