A Christmas Story is not only a brilliant movie, but it also has timeless advice!
Like be careful with a BB gun or you might shoot your eye out!
But, the most essential piece of knowledge it dropped was to never stick your tongue to a pole when the weather is freezing.
However, an Easthampton, Massachusetts middle school student was either not aware of this cardinal rule or he was trying to copy that famous scene as he had to be rescued by firefighters last Wednesday around 8am after his tongue got stuck to a pole!
Luckily the child AND his tongue are in good shape!
Here’s what fire chief David Mottor said:
“They just put warm water on the student’s tongue and did a quick evaluation to make sure there [weren’t] any injuries.”
We’re SO glad he’s okay!
We bet whomever triple doggy dared him to do that was feelin’ pretty awful when that happened!
Which is why it’s so important for parents to show their children A Christmas Story as soon as possible!
It saves tongues!!!