The third time is definitely NOT the charm for Suge Knight.
The rapper was hospitalized for a third time in one month after appearing in court to face murder, attempted murder and hit-and-run charges.
Suge told a Los Angeles Superior Court judge on Monday that he had been receiving inadequate medical care since being jailed in January over the alleged hit-and-run death of his friend, Terry Carter.
The 49-year-old said he had been suffering from blindness in one eye and only 15 percent vision in the other, and had lost 35 pounds while in custody.
Suge also stated he had difficulty comprehending the proceedings.
In his court appearance, Suge told the judge that he fired the lawyers present and wanted to represent himself. While Suge tried to speak out during the proceedings, the judge apparently admonished him for doing so, which made Suge curse under his breath.
The judge wanted to transfer the Death Row Records founder’s cases, but Suge had already been hospitalized again.
Another hearing has been set for March 9th, so we’ll keep you posted on any updates.
[Image via Winston Burris/WENN.]