Dog Tragically Dies After Being Left In A Drying Cage At Petco — Find Out Where The Groomer Was HERE

no title

On Friday, a 2-year-old golden retriever died after a routine grooming at Petco in Chesterfield County, Virginia.

When Allison Marks didn’t hear back from the store a few hours after she dropped off her dog Colby, she grew worried.

The pet owner called the store and was told to meet Petco’s assistant manager at a nearby animal hospital. When she got there, she found out that Colby had died during his grooming after accidentally being left in the store’s drying cage for too long.

[ Related: Killer Whale Bites A Paddleboarder’s Board & He Caught It On Camera! ]

The dog most likely died of heat stroke, because his internal body temperature was about 105├é┬░ — hours after he died.

Marks was especially taken back by the reason the animal had been unattended for so long. She said:

“This is her exact words: ‘your groomer had to go because she had a graduation to go to.'”

Petco has been sympathetic of Mark’s situation, and released this statement after learning about Colby’s death:

“All of us at Petco are heartbroken by Colby’s passing. The health and safety of pets is always our top priority and we take full responsibility for all animals under our care. We are taking immediate action to investigate and understand the situation. Our thoughts are with Colby’s family at this difficult time.”

Though Marks appreciates Petco’s support, she still plans to press charges to make sure no other pet owner is struck by the same tragedy.

Get more on the story (below)!

Our hearts go out to the dog owner as she mourns the loss of a loved one.

[Image via WTVR.]

Jun 1, 2015 5:25pm PDT

More Like This