Teen Dies From Alcohol Poisoning After His Parents Tried To Teach Him A Lesson About Drinking

Kendal Ball was found dead after his parents provided him with alcohol.

16-year-old Kendal Ball was found dead in his room early this summer from alcohol poisoning, and it’s all because his parents were trying to teach him a lesson about the dangers of drinking.

According to reports, the Wyoming teen expressed an interest in drinking when his mother Paulette Richardson and stepfather Joseph Richardson decided to give him exactly what he wanted.

Related: Autistic Student Dies After Being Left On A Hot School Bus

The parents allegedly provided Kendal with alcohol and proceeded to get drunk with him and his friend Joseph Kunkle for a couple of hours on the night of July 6th.

The 16-year-old eventually passed out.

He seemed to be fine when his mother checked on him later that evening. However, when Joseph checked on him the next morning, he found Kendal unresponsive and cold to the touch.

There were reportedly multiple vomit stains on the floor and an autopsy revealed that he died of complications due to alcohol poisoning.

There are conflicting reports on just how much Kendal drank that night, but officials say his blood alcohol levels at the time of his death was approximately .587, which is more than 7 times the legal limit to operate a vehicle.

Paulette claims Kendal’s biological father was an alcoholic and that she feared he might follow in his footsteps while Joseph claims they were simply trying to get him sick.

Now the two are being charged with manslaughter are due in court this Friday.


Sep 17, 2015 5:44pm PDT

More Like This