This is so unbelievably sad.
Erika Tomassian, a single mother in Los Angeles, died sometime last week with her two sons, an infant and a two-year-old, alone in the home with her.
Sadly, that’s not even the worst of the story.
As police would later discover, Tomassian died suddenly while she was feeding her adopted infant son in his high chair.
Her sudden death during feeding time created a tragic chain reaction, where the infant boy then died from choking on his food, with his mother unable to save him.
Then, with mom and baby both dead, Tomassian’s other son — a two-year-old who was also adopted, and was the biological brother of the infant — was forced to fend for himself in the apartment.
After several days, and a friend of Tomassian coming by to visit who was unable to get into the apartment, a neighbor called police because of the sustained screams of the child.
Police found all the lower cabinets and cupboards in the kitchen flung open, apparently as the toddler desperately searched for food and water.
Authorities confirmed that the boy was extremely dehydrated and taken to the hospital in stable condition, but he is expected to make a full recovery.
Our thoughts are with the child and with all of Tomassian’s friends and loved ones.
[Image via Erika Tomassian/Facebook.]