The numbers are in, and The Martian is STILL king of the box office — at least internationally!
The Matt Damon flick dominated yet another weekend out at the theaters this go-round, but a few new movies also showed out in domestic rankings, including Goosebumps, and Crimson Peak (see how much, below)!!
According to Paul Dergarabedian, senior Media Analyst at Rentrak, which tracks box office results, The Martian has made a TON of money with its time in theaters, especially now that its gone global:
“Fox’s The Martian continues to deliver phenomenal results with a worldwide weekend of $58 million and a total to date around the Earth of nearly $320 million. Notably, Disney’s Ant-Man opened in China with a $43.2 million 3-day weekend, and posts the second largest Disney/Marvel 3-day opening weekend of all-time in China, only behind Avengers: Age of Ultron.”
So Ant-Man dominated in China — no surprise, since it also did really well here when it was in its domestic run.
But what about the top domestic box office totals for the weekend? Well here you go (numbers listed in millions of dollars!):
- Goosebumps – Sony – $23.5M
- The Martian – 20th Century Fox – $21.5M
- Bridge Of Spies – Disney – $15.4M
- Crimson Peak – Universal – $12.8M
- Hotel Transylvania 2 – Sony – $12.2M
- Pan – Warner Bros. – $5.9M
- The Intern – Warner Bros. – $5.4M
- Sicario – Lionsgate – $4.5M
- Woodlawn – Pure Flix – $4.1M
- Maze Runner: The Scorch Trials – 20th Century Fox – $2.8M├óΓé¼ΓÇ╣
So there you go! Strong showing by Goosebumps… maybe not as much by Crimson Peak.
What’d U see this weekend?!
[Image via 20th Century Fox.]