Don├óΓé¼Γäót Look, Leo! A Vape Pen Exploded In This Man’s Pocket — And Apparently It Happens With E-Cigarettes ALL THE TIME!

no title

***WARNING: Contains Graphic Imagery***

Smoking can now kill you in more ways than one!

A man named Josh Hamilton — no, not the actor — was minding his own business over the weekend when he walked into a convenience store for a snack and walked out with third degree burns.

Apparently, the Kentucky native was carrying an electronic cigarette in his pocket, and when he reached in to grab some change, the lithium ion battery exploded through his pants!

Related: Leonardo DiCaprio Won’t Be Able To Vape At The Oscars

Josh immediately ran outside where the cashier used a fire extinguisher to put out the flames — but he still had to go to the hospital to treat his wounds.

Ch-ch-check out video of Josh’s PSA against smoking electronic cigarettes, AKA his pants exploding (below)!!!

But if you thought that was bad, this isn’t just an isolated incident.

Hundreds of reports have come in from all across the country of vapes exploding while in use, damaging mouths and hands — and yes, exploding in pockets when they aren’t even in use!

Related: Jenny McCarthy Offered $1 Million To Stop Smoking E-Cigs

E-cigs are a popular alternative to regular ‘ol cigarettes with celebs like Leonardo DiCaprio and Jenny McCarthy practically endorsing them… but we bet this makes them think twice now.

As for Josh, while he’s doing better now, he did just after the incident share a VERY GRAPHIC photo of his injuries on Facebook.


This is pretty gross!

Sorry if your squeamish! I can’t even look at it without getting a little sick myself.
Posted by Josh Hamilton on Sunday, 21 February 2016

OMG we hope that never happens to Leo!

Feb 25, 2016 11:44am PST

Related Posts

More Like This