Teen Dies Trying To Recreate A Science Experiment He Saw On YouTube — Read The Sad Report

no title

A DIY science project turned into a deadly cautionary tale after a teenager died trying to recreate an experiment he saw on YouTube.

Morgan Woceichowski electrocuted himself on Tuesday trying to duplicate the experiment called Jacob’s Ladder he was watching in an online video.

According to reports, the 15-year-old Ohio boy’s mother walked into the garage because she smelled something, and found her son on the ground.

Related: Celebs React To Prince’s Sudden Passing

Woceichowski was taken to a local hospital, where he was pronounced dead. Erie County Police Detective Robert Rieger said:

“There were injuries that were consistent with electricity flowing through someone’s body, on hands, feet and chest.”

The teen’s family attributes Morgan’s death to his fascination with a YouTube video that uses a power source, two copper wires, and other connections to create a 12,000-volt surge of electricity.

According to Morgan’s step-grandfather, the teen — who wanted to become a scientist — had been experimenting with electricity for a while.

Related: Sarah Palin Claims She’s ‘As Much A Scientist’ As Bill Nye!

He told local reporters:

“It’s been going on for quite a while. He has been gathering things. He had a real interest in how things happen. YouTube was the culprit and it needs to be stopped. We need to monitor what’s going on and what’s being put out there for the kids.”

The teen’s family hopes his death will teach other parents to monitor what their children are viewing on the Internet.

Such a tragic turn for a promising young life. We couldn’t support kids watching science videos more, but safety should always come first.

Our hearts go out to Morgan’s family.

[Image via KTLA.]

Apr 21, 2016 3:35pm PST

Related Posts

More Like This