A week after Prince‘s unexpected death, authorities are one step closer to figuring out how the music legend died.
On Thursday, law enforcement told the Associated Press that they are investigating the possibility that the Purple Rain artist suffered an overdose.
As we reported, sources close to the 57-year-old said the musician was prescribed Percocet in 2009 and slowly became addicted.
On April 15 after a performance in Atlanta, the Grammy winner reportedly overdosed on the drug while in flight, prompting the plane to make an emergency landing in Moline, Illinois. Police are trying to figure out if a doctor was present for this ordeal.
Additionally, officials are investigating what type of drugs were on the plane, and what kind were at his Paisley Park house.
As we wrote on Thursday, police obtained a warrant to search his Minnesota mansion.
Our thoughts and prayers go to Prince’s friends and family during this difficult time.
[Image via Getty Images.]