UCLA On Campus Wide Lockdown As 2 Victims Confirmed In Active Shooting

no title

UPDATE 3:14 P.M. EST The LAPD Chief Charlie Beck has confirmed that the shooting was a murder-suicide that left two males dead. Beck also said the situation is “currently contained” and there is “no continuing threat to UCLA’s campus.”

UPDATE 2:49 P.M. EST: The Police Chief at UCLA has said that it’s possible one of the two people killed could have been the gunman.

UPDATE 2:21 P.M. EST: Police have confirmed there are two dead from the campus shooting. Authorities are still sweeping the Engineering IV building for the shooter.


This is so scary!

At about 10 a.m. on Wednesday morning, reports came in of a shooting on UCLA‘s college campus in Boelter Hall!

As a result, the police were called and the University was put on a campus wide lock down while authorities investigated and found two victims had been shot.

The school took to Twitter to help update students on the terrifying events, tweeting out:

The university also confirmed that there were two victims as they shared:

Unfortunately, there are no updates yet on the victims’ conditions and the police are still looking for the shooter!

UCLA also released a statement saying:

“People are being asked to shelter in place.”

Currently, not much else is known about the scary situation, but make make sure to come back to check for updates as we’ll be staying on top of this breaking story!

[Image via Instagram.]

Jun 1, 2016 2:05pm PDT

Related Posts

More Like This