Police Fatally Shoot Man During Traffic Stop — And His Girlfriend Broadcast The Horrifying Aftermath Live On Facebook

no title

***WARNING: Graphic Content Ahead***

We have a huge problem, America.

Just a day after Alton Sterling was shot at least five times by Louisiana cops, yet another black man was shot and killed by police during a traffic stop in Falcon Heights, Minnesota on Wednesday.

According to reports, police were conducting a traffic stop when an officer fired at least one shot at Philando Castile in the car. He was taken to a nearby medical center for treatment, where he later died.

Related: Former K-9 Cop Linked To Deaths Of THREE Police Dogs!

Similar to Sterling’s killing, a video capturing the gruesome aftermath of the shooting was recorded by a woman who is said to be Castile’s girlfriend.

In the horrifying nine-minute Facebook Live video, Lavish Reynolds says cops shot her 32-year-old boyfriend — who was allegedly pulled over for a broken taillight — after he reached for his ID from his wallet.

Reynolds claims that once Castile told cops that he was carrying a licensed firearm, that’s when things went wrong. Sitting next to her bleeding boyfriend, she explained in the video:

“He’s licensed to carry. He was trying to get out his ID and his wallet out his pocket, and he let the officer know that he had a firearm, and he was reaching for his wallet, and the officer just shot him in his arm… Police shot him for no apparent reason, no reason at all.”

Related: Celebrities React To Alton Sterling’s Shooting

The officer involved in the shooting, who is a five-year member of the St. Anthony Police Department, can be heard outside of the car in the video, shouting:

“I told him not to reach for it, I told him to get his hands up.”

Towards the end of the video, Reynolds sits in the back of the patrol car with her young daughter, who was also in the car at the time of the shooting.

After news spread about the death of Castile, who worked as a kitchen supervisor in the J.J. Hill school cafeteria for 12 to 15 years, angry protesters peacefully gathered outside governor Mark Dayton‘s mansion in St. Paul.

The Minnesota Bureau of Criminal Apprehension is investigating the incident.

Watch Reynolds’ recording (below) to see the graphic NSFW aftermath — if you can stomach it.

[Image via Facebook.]

Jul 7, 2016 10:19am PDT

More Like This