Narcotic Drug Fentanyl Reportedly Found Mislabeled In Prince’s Home — Did The Purple Rain Singer Accidentally Overdose On The Painkiller?

prince accidental overdose

Prince‘s overdose may’ve been more complicated than we originally thought.

As you may recall, the late music icon was found dead in an elevator at his Paisley Park estate in Minnesota back in April and an autopsy later confirmed that he had overdosed on a drug called fentanyl. However, it seems the lethal dosage of the opioid which killed Prince may’ve resulted from mislabeled pills.

Related: Prince’s Half-Brother Is Fighting To Stay In Mansion!

According to a new report by the Minneapolis Star Tribune, pills seized from the Raspberry Beret singer’s home were labeled as hydrocodone but were actually fentanyl on the inside. To make matters worse, it’s said Prince stashed the counterfeit drugs in over the counter pill bottles, such as aspirin and Vitamin C containers. Oh man!

Reportedly, investigators are hypothesizing that the A-lister was unaware the hydrocodone he stashed was actually a narcotic which is 100 times stronger than morphine. Whoa.

In another shocking update, Prince was said to have weighed 112 pounds at the time of his death. In case you forgot, Prince’s supposed decade long addiction to painkillers started after a hip injury. Although, tests conducted on Prince prior to his passing didn’t show any fentanyl in his system, so it’s unlikely that the Purple Rain artist was an active abuser of this particular drug. Huh.

We’re still shaken up by this Hollywood death — especially since the hitmaker was scheduled to meet with an opioid addiction expert the day after he died. Here’s hoping this new report will help shed some light into the events which led up to the songwriter’s death.

[Image via WENN.]

Aug 22, 2016 10:58am PDT

More Like This