And people wonder why sexual assault survivors often don’t come forward to confront their accusers…
In an aggressive move on Saturday afternoon, Donald Trump said that he is planning on suing the women who have stepped forward to accuse him of sexual assault over the last several weeks of his campaign.
Speaking at a rally in Gettysburg, Pennsylvania, the orange-tinted 70-year-old real estate mogul said:
“Every woman lied when they came forward to hurt my campaign. Total fabrication. The events never happened. Never. All of these liars will be sued after the election is over. But a simple phone call placed to the biggest newspapers or television networks gets them wall-to-wall coverage with virtually no fact-checking whatsoever.”
Hmm… That’s going to be a LOT of lawsuits, Donald!
The presidential candidate continued on — of course, in the process, blaming everybody but himself for the avalanche of accusations levied upon him — even going so far as to accuse Hillary Clinton of being involved in a conspiracy:
“It was probably the [Democratic National Committee] and Hillary’s campaign who put forward these liars with their fabricated stories. But we’ll probably find out later through litigation, which we’re so looking forward to.”
Sounds like his mind is made up.
For what it’s worth, yet another alleged survivor of sexual assault at the hands of The Donald — this will be the eleventh woman, in total — is set to come forward during a press conference in El Lay at 2:00 p.m. local time with lawyer Gloria Allred.
That accuser has not been identified yet, but the press conference is taking place, well, literally right now — so we are sure to learn more about her accusations and her history with Trump very, very soon.
[Image via JLN Photography/WENN.]