Sinead O’Connor Apologizes To Arsenio Hall For Implying He Was Prince’s Drug Dealer!

sinead apologizes to arsenio

It looks like Sinead O’Connor’s feud with Arsenio Hall is officially over!

As you may recall, the comedian sued the Nothing Compares 2 U singer for claiming he had previously supplied Prince with drugs and for implying that he had something to do with the A-lister’s untimely death. In case you forgot, the Little Red Corvette artist passed away in April 2016 due to an opioid overdose.

Video: Bruno Does A PERFECT Prince Impression At The Grammys!

However, on Wednesday, the songwriter formally apologized for her comments and retracted her controversial accusations in a new statement. Miz O’Connor wrote:

“I apologize for my Facebook posts about Arsenio Hall to the extent that anyone thought I was accusing him of acting as Prince’s drug dealer and supplying him with illegal hard drugs, or insinuating that Arsenio had something to do with Prince’s death… I sincerely apologize because those statements would be false, and I retract them unequivocally.”

This retraction is certainly different from the original social media posts O’Connor made, where she said Arsenio gave Prince drugs for almost two decades and allegedly “spiked” her drink while at Eddie Murphy‘s house. Although, we have a feeling this apology has something to do with Sinead not wanting to deal with the $5 million libel lawsuit Hall slapped her with.

In fact, it’s said the 61-year-old’s lawyers are planning to dismiss the lawsuit in the wake of the Irish-born performer’s statement. Huh.

It’ll be inneresting to see if this is the last we hear about this celeb beef. We mean, when Sinead is involved anything could happen!

[Image via Nicky Nelson/WENN.]

Feb 23, 2017 8:35am PDT

Related Posts

More Like This