This movie is going to be so out there, and we fucking LOVE IT!
Everything we’ve heard about Thor: Ragnarok (outer space, gladiator Hulk, Jurassic Park reunion) makes it sound like the craziest movie of 2017, and the colorful first official pics seem to bear that impression out.
In Entertainment Weekly‘s cover story, complete with several set pics (above), we get our first look at:
1. Chris Hemsworth as Thor, returning with a close-cropped haircut and some new swords. (Same guns though.)
2. Cate Blanchett as Hela, the Norse goddess of the dead. (Rocking some serious smoky eye and goth hair!)
4. Mark Ruffalo, returning as Hulk to do battle with Thor. (Taking out all that Trump era aggression we hope.)
5. Jeff Goldblum as the Grandmaster. (Who may or may not interact directly with Jurassic Park star Sam Neill, who is also set to appear in an unidentified role.)
6. Tom Hiddleston getting his sexy liar Loki on. (We’ve heard for the last time!)
Of course, the pics — many of which look like they were taken at a children’s paintball party — probably won’t be the final color-corrected looks on film.
But we do get confirmation of the craziness of the threequel from director Taika Waititi, who previously brought us the ridiculous comic capers What We Do In The Shadows and Hunt For The Wilderpeople.
He tells the mag regarding the wackier tone:
“I think sometimes people mistake a tonal shift as ├óΓé¼╦£We’re just going to make some ridiculous broad comedy where no one gives a shit what happens and everyone gets stoned and sits around talking about saving the universe.’ We want people to care what happens and care that the hero succeeds. I think tonally it’s like a slight shift. I don’t feel nervous — I feel good about it.”
Are you excited for the crazier look of Thor: Ragnarok??
[Image via Entertainment Weekly.]