At least they can use the footage for the sequel!
Movie premieres are always supposed to be lit, but the Vietnam premiere for Kong: Skull Island quite literally went up in flames due to pyrotechnical issues!
A huge statue of the titular ape burst into flames on Thursday night right outside a Ho Chi Minh City shopping mall in Vietnam.
Crowds thought the fiery spectacle was part of the show when flames were ejected from a simulated volcano, but real terror struck when the entire stage caught on fire!
Firefighters eventually put out the unplanned inferno, which reportedly lasted for more than 15 minutes. No injuries were reported.
According to other outlets, the blaze started while dancers performed around a fire on stage next to the theater — and one of the performers apparently left behind a torch that ignited.
After the flames were put out, attendees — including U.S. Consulate officials — were ushered into the theater for the screening.
Ch-ch-check out footage of the scary incident (below)!
[Image via Bi Mat Showbiz/Facebook.]