Coachella Weekend TWO is here!
In honor of the fun weekend ahead, we thought we’d do a quick recap of all the biggest moments from Weekend One so you know what to keep an eye out for this time around.
From the eclectic lineup to the stunning artwork, here are the best moments from ‘Chella ’17 so far (below)!!
1. What audio problems? Radiohead totally persevered despite several awkward technical difficulties (by blaming the “fucking aliens,” of course) to perform their classics like Creep and Paranoid Android. Brilliant.
2. Lady GaGa proved why she’s one of the best vocalist in the biz with an acoustic version of Edge Of Glory and she even debuted a new song called The Cure. It was just enough to make up for Beyonc├â┬⌐‘s absence! Kinda.
A post shared by Gerrad Hall (@gerradhall) on Apr 16, 2017 at 11:13am PDT
3. Kendrick Lamar made a DAMN. good headliner! Like, maybe the best ever (OK, we’re biased)! The visuals combined with K. Dot’s alter ego, Kung Fu Kenny, gave the crowd a stunning and hype AF show that literally left everyone speechless. The appearances from ScHoolboy Q, Future, and Travis Scott didn’t hurt either.
4. You literally couldn’t escape Migos. The hip-hop trio consisting of Quavo, Takeoff, and Offset took the stage during Future, DJ Snake, Gucci Mane, AND DJ Khaled to perform their hit singles Bad and Boujee and T-Shirt. If you didn’t know about them before, now you do.
C U L T U R EA post shared by Migos (@migos) on Apr 17, 2017 at 1:02am PDT
Coachella was lit! I wanna thank all the people that helped make this happen #cashxo @theweeknd @belly @travisscottA post shared by Nav (@nav) on Apr 16, 2017 at 1:07am PDT
6. Meanwhile, over at the Outdoor stage, DJ Snake brought out the icon, the legend, the queen… Lauryn Hill! Like, WHAT? No one was expecting to be blessed with her surprise performances of Ready Or Not, Lost Ones, or Killing Me Softly, but here we are. DEAD.
8. HANS. FUCKING. ZIMMER. This orchestra performance (with a surprise appearance from Pharrell!) was definitely a “wow” moment for the books. The audience was 100% captivated as Hans performed scores from the movies Inception, Pirates of the Caribbean, The Lion King, and The Dark Knight.
This was one of the coolest ideas… @hanszimmer and that #orchestra! Wowowowow Movie songs and scores at @Coachella … I could’ve sat there all day long! And then @pharrell stopped by to sing #Freedom! #inception #piratesofthecaribbean #thelionking #thedarkknight #hanschella #thosepeoplehavetalentA post shared by Gerrad Hall (@gerradhall) on Apr 17, 2017 at 8:12am PDT
9. Travis Barker came through to defeat Marshmello in probably the most epic drum battle of all time:
10. Drake, don’t think we forgot about you, bb. The Fake Love rapper showed some real love during Future‘s set performing Jumpman and Gyalchester. Cue us losing our minds.
What was UR favorite moment?? SOUND OFF in the comments (below)!
[Image via WENN.]