Teen Dies From Caffeine OD — See What He Drank Before His Death

no title

OMG, this can happen??

South Carolina teen Davis Allen Cripe collapsed and died mysteriously last month, but now at last Richland County coroner Gary Watts has an answer.

And it’s a shocking one.

Related: College Just Banned Energy Drinks Because They Lead To Sex!

Watts says the 16-year-old died from a heart arrhythmia caused by an overdose of caffeine!

In a news conference on Monday, the doctor said that in the two hours before his death, Davis drank “a large diet Mountain Dew, a cafe latte from McDonalds and also some type of energy drink.”

“Based on his weight, the intake of caffeine that he had exceeded what is considered a safe level.”

This is particularly scary because according to Watts, the teen had no previous heart condition being exacerbated — it was just the caffeine acting on a normal, healthy heart. Watts admitted:

“I realize this is a controversial scenario. There are are obviously people that don’t think this can happen — that you can have this arrhythmia caused by caffeine.”

There are apparently other documented cases of caffeine overdose, usually leading to irregular heart rates.

The FDA guidelines say caffeine doses up to 400 mg are safe. That’s about five 8 oz. cups of coffee.

As in most things, it’s all about moderation here.

[Image via McDonalds/Monster/Mountain Dew.]

May 17, 2017 1:04am PDT

Share This

Related Posts

More Like This