Multiple Additional Suspects Arrested In Connection To Deadly Manchester Bombing As Police Investigate Possible Terrorist ‘Network’

no title

Four more men have been arrested in connection to the deadly Manchester suicide bombing.

British Home Secretary Amber Rudd said that Salman Abedi, the 22-year-old U.K. native identified as the bomber, “likely” did not act alone in the attack, which claimed 22 victims just outside of the Manchester Arena as Ariana Grande‘s concert was wrapping up Monday night.

Greater Manchester Police said three suspects were arrested after authorities searched a number of homes in the area, while one additional suspect was arrested in Lybia.

These arrests follow the Tuesday arrest of Abedi’s 23-year-old brother.

Video: Internet Praises Homeless Heroes In Bombing Aftermath

Rudd said that Abedi had been known to intelligence forces “up to a point,” noting authorities are now investigating his recent trips to Libya, where his parents are from.

The Islamic State has claimed responsibility for the attack, but Rudd said officials had not yet established what role the terrorist organization played in Monday’s events.

Police are growing more certain, however, that the deadly attack was orchestrated by a terrorist “network.” Manchester Police Chief Constable Ian Hopkins confirmed in a news conference that it was “very clear that this is a network that we are investigating.”

Video: Miley Cyrus Dedicates Performance To Ariana

No additional information has been officially disclosed about any of the suspects under arrest — though Libyan security officials revealed Abedi’s father was arrested in Tripoli, Lybia. The AP shared on Twitter:

U.K. authorities have also beefed up security at key locations around the country to prevent another possible terrorist attack.

[Image via Instagram.]

May 24, 2017 2:12pm PDT

More Like This