Ever wonder how much those apartments and houses from your favorite rom-coms *really* cost??
There’s a good chance the characters couldn’t even afford them! That’s the beauty of show business!
ForRent.com took the liberty of checking out the property value of some of these “sets” IRL, and the results are pretty fascinating!
Ch-ch-check ’em all out (below)!!
1. Noah’s house in The Notebook is a four-bedroom waterfront historic home (built in 1772) on Wadmalaw Island in South Carolina that goes for $12,000 a month.
2. Harry AKA Billy Crystal‘s Greenwich Village apartment, with incredible views of Manhattan, in When Harry Met Sally would cost $3,800 a month today.
3. The Maid In Manhattan hotel suite (filmed at both Roosevelt Hotel and the Waldorf-Astoria Hotel) would rent for $12,000 a month.
4. However, Jennifer Lopez‘s character’s actual abode in the Bronx was actually more realistic coming in at $1,300 a month.
5. Sex & The City‘s Carrie Bradshaw and Mr. Big were in “real estate heaven” with this four-story walk-up on 62nd Street in NYC that costs $190,000 a month to rent, and $40├óΓé¼ΓÇ£$50 million to buy. Wow.
6. Carrie’s first apartment wasn’t any more affordable as the West Village spot sold for $9.85 million in 2012.
7. The Sleepless in Seattle houseboat certainly wasn’t quaint as the dockside crib sold for $2 million back in 2014!
8. Pretty Woman‘s Vivian started out in a $185/week room at the Las Palmas Hotel in Los Angeles…
9. And she ended up in a $38,500/week suite at The Regent Beverly Wilshire! The come up!
There you have it!