Bachelor In Paradise plans to address their controversy head on.
As you surely know, the Bachelor spin-off’s season four production was briefly halted after allegations of sexual misconduct hit the set. At the time, it was reported that contestant Corinne Olympios may’ve been too drunk to consent to a sexual encounter with BIP peer DeMario Jackson.
However, after Warner Bros. completed an investigation into the matter, production resumed as those involved with the scandal were cleared of any wrongdoing. Now, thanks to the first BIP trailer, we know the controversial dating competition will discuss the alleged misconduct.
Oh, and it’s now said footage of Olympios and Jackson will STILL make it onto the air. On how they plan to tackle this scandal, Paradise host Chris Harrison told Entertainment Weekly:
“It’s going to be literally dealt with the moment we come on the air. We’ll start talking about it right away and start dealing with it. If you don’t, it’s the elephant in the room and then it will taint the entire season. So we want to show everybody and then get on with Paradise because there are some wonderful things that are going to be happening.”
Obviously, ABC isn’t going to air the moment which sparked a formal investigation, but they will share footage from before the drama. Harrison continued:
“There’s been a lot written and assumed and said about what we’re going to do and what we’re not going to do. We had already shot for three days [before the shutdown] and a lot had actually happened ├óΓé¼ΓÇ¥ a lot of people had arrived, there had been dates, we’d gotten to the point where there was about to be our first rose ceremony ├óΓé¼ΓÇ¥ so we had a week’s worth of stuff [that] we didn’t want to just throw that away because that’s what impacted the show and it’s what led to the shutdown.
We thought you needed to see that. So you’re going to see a lot of it, including Corinne and DeMario on the show. When we restart, it will be me back in Mexico walking you through what happened and then we’re going to watch what happened. And then we’ll cut back to me and I’ll kind of shed some more light on things and then we’re going to go back and you’re going to see more of what happened, [and] not just the controversial. You’re going to see a lot of things, people falling in love, a lot of dates happening.”
While the controversy certainly had an impact on the set, the TV personality promises that plenty of good relationship were formed during filming. The industry vet noted:
“I think people have this preconceived notion of what it was like and what was going on and really the only way to prove anything or show you anything is to all watch it and you can judge for yourself. So that will involve seeing Corinne and DeMario and it will also involve Carly and Evan’s wedding.”
Fair enough. And for anyone in Bachelor nation who has doubts, Chris (who hasn’t seen a finalized cut of the show) vowed:
“To the best of my knowledge, you’re going to see more than enough to show you what was happening that led up to the shutdown, within certain taste and values of what we can show on network TV.”
There you have it. We guess we’ll just have to wait and see what ACTUALLY happens when BIP returns on August 14!