In between the award presentations and host Stephen Colbert‘s many quips, the comedian kept the Emmys stage lit thanks to his voice over commentary. And, man, did we LOVE it!!
Although Fowler has been steadily working since 2012, it seems as though we’re just now getting to know things about the funny man. If you’re like us and are itchin’ to know more about Jermaine, we’ve got good news for you — we’ve compiled some fast facts about the Maryland native!
Here are five pearls to know about the 29-year-old:
1. Jermaine stars in the CBS sitcom Superior Donuts alongside Judd Hirsch and Katey Sagal. He is also an executive producer for the show.
Hopped up on the chair and the sugars #SuperiorDonutsA post shared by ManMan (@jermainefowler) on Aug 24, 2017 at 12:45pm PDT
Fowler has a recurring role on HBO‘s Crashing too. Color us impressed!
2. Viewers purposefully saw Fowler during the Emmys because CBS wanted him in front of the camera. Jack Sussman, CBS Entertainment EVP for music and live events, dished to Deadline about their desire to have Jermaine be an active part of the award show:
“What we will do is have Jermaine be an active part of the show. He will be connected with what’s happened on the telecast and what happens next. What we want to do is get a peek behind the curtain in a fun, engaging way.”
He was certainly fun!!
3. Jermaine is a proud poppa!! Back in July, the up-and-comer and his girlfriend (Meagan Hester) welcomed their baby girl Thebe Orion Fowler into the world. He regularly posts about his daughter on social media.
Lion QueenA post shared by ManMan (@jermainefowler) on Aug 22, 2017 at 10:13am PDT
4. Fowler has used his comedic skills to fight homophobia. Back in 2012, Jermaine and fellow comic Kevin Barnett tackled homophobia in the black community by penning a web series about two closeted gangsters. You can ch-ch-check out episode one (below). WARNING: The video contains NSFW language.
5. In August, Jermaine tragically lost his mom. The TV actor paid tribute to his Shero on Twitter as he wrote:
Today, I lost the strongest woman I’ve ever known. She never took shit from anybody. Spoke her mind whenever she felt and did it with grace.
├óΓé¼ΓÇ¥ JermaineFowler (@jermaineFOWLER) August 8, 2017
We’re sure Fowler’s mom would’ve been proud of his Emmys performance. *Hugs*
So… What do YOU think? Did any of these facts surprise you??
Be sure to let us know your thoughts (below)!
[Image via Instagram.]