And another one.
On Friday, Sordid Lives star Jason Dottley accused music mogul Benny Medina of raping him nearly 10 years ago at his Los Angeles mansion.
According to Dottley’s account, the two first met at The Abbey in West Hollywood before Medina invited Dottley and his friend back to his place. It’s there that Dottley says Medina sexually assaulted him after leading him into his bedroom and forcefully pinning him to the bed.
It wasn’t until Dottley’s friend T. Ashanti Mozelle intervened that Medina kicked the two out of his home. Days later, Medina allegedly sent Dottley — who was married at the time — a text after seeing him on the street, saying:
“Hey, I’m at The Ivy eating. Just saw you walking across the street. Is that the husband I have to have killed to have you?”
When asked why he didn’t come forward at the time, the actor admitted:
“I was emasculated, I was humiliated, and at that time, no one was coming forward and I was afraid if I went to the police or the press that Benny Medina was powerful enough to ruin both my career and my ex-husband’s,” Dottley said. “I also had stepchildren at the time and their safety came into question as well. ├óΓé¼┬ª All of the tactics used by power predators worked on me because the end result was extreme fear of retaliation if I came forward in any way. [Medina] sexually assaulted and attempted to rape me while choking me. Add in a threatening text a few days later and hopefully anyone can understand just how scared of this man I was. I always thought I would be telling my autobiography long after he was dead. I found the strength through the other [victims] who’ve come before.”
“He took a part of me away that I didn’t even know I had, which is faith in humanity, because here’s a revered person that seemed so nice and at the end of the day he was using power to prey on young vulnerable looking guys and I happened to be his pick for that night. ├óΓé¼┬ª You have to do this a lot to be confident enough that you can send a text like that, like, that’s not a first-timer. I think because he produces a lot of television and has hands in tons of pies, that’s prevented more people from coming forward.”
Now, Dottley is hoping to keep this violence from happening again:
“For the record, I don’t plan on suing for money. What I want is the truth exposed about these people so that they cannot continue to prey on people like they do. Hopefully, if enough of us continue to speak out and name names, I would hope the next time one of these power predators will think long and hard before he attempts that on somebody else because he’ll always think, I wonder if this one’s going to talk too.”
So far, no response from Medina’s camp.
You can read Jason’s full harrowing account HERE.
[Image via Hugh Dillion/WENN.]