Scotland Yard Launches Second Investigation Into Additional Kevin Spacey Misconduct Claims

no title

It’s been a busy month for Scotland Yard.

London’s authorities have launched a second investigation into additional sexual assault allegations made against Kevin Spacey.

Police had already begun investigating an alleged assault on a young man that took place in 2008 in the London borough of Lambeth, where Spacey had a residence. The alleged victim is believed to be an aspiring actor who sought career advice from the House of Cards star.

Related: Nick Carter Responds To Melissa Schuman’s Rape Accusation

Now, officials are looking into an incident that allegedly took place in 2005 in the same neighborhood — this time, at The Old Vic theater, where Spacey served as artistic director from 2004 to 2015.

Scotland Yard reps told press in a statement on Wednesday:

“On Friday, 17 November, a further allegation was made about the same man [suspected in the 2008 case.] The allegations are of sexual assaults against a man (Victim 2) in 2005 in Lambeth. Officers from the Child Abuse and Sexual Offenses Command are investigating.”

The allegation was made just a day after the Old Vic released results of its own internal investigation into the matter. The theater said it received 20 personal complaints of inappropriate behavior by Spacey during his time as director.

The theater claimed it had urged many of those who made personal testimonies to go to the police. It’s unclear, however, if the latest allegation is connected to the theater’s internal investigation.

Better late than never.

[Image via WENN.]

Nov 22, 2017 12:18pm PDT

More Like This