Melissa Schuman says she forgives Nick Carter for allegedly raping her in 2002.
In case you didn’t know, the former Dream girl group member revealed the sexual assault in a blog post last month, which detailed the horrifying incident. It was then she also shared how she wanted to press charges against the Backstreet Boys star, but was told by her manager there was nothing they could do.
On Friday, clips from her interview with Dr. Oz went up, revealing she wishes him “the best” and that she doesn’t “want anything from him.”
The 33-year-old shared in her message to the singer:
“That I forgive you. That I don’t want anything from you. I wish you only the best. I don’t want your money. I didn’t do this to hurt you or your family. I did this for me, because I needed this healing. And I also came forward because I want to inspire other victims, other people who have been assaulted, to come forward and know that they have a voice.”
It doesn’t make anything she claims Nick did to her right at all!
But we applaud her bravery for continuing to speak out!
Melissa also delved deeper to share with Oz about why she chose now to go public with the alleged rape, saying a friend encouraged her to use her voice:
“Since the Harvey Weinstein allegations came out, I’ve, it was a big trigger for me. I started to notice that whereas I had kind of suppressed a lot of the memories for years, with all these other brave women coming forward, it just, I started to notice that like, I had a lot of anxiety manifesting in my body, so that was really making it hard for me to just carry on, like every single day. It was really impacting me mentally and emotionally and spiritually.”
Nick has yet to respond to her comments.
You can watch the clips (below):
[Image via Dr. Oz.]