Billy Bush has taken a stand against Donald Trump.
On Sunday, the disgraced TV personality penned an op-ed piece for the New York Times, where he totally put POTUS on blast. Oooh, color us intrigued.
In case you missed it, the Cheeto-In-Chief has reportedly told at least two people that the Access Hollywood tape of him admitting to grabbing women by the pussies is fake news. Of course, this is just a blatant lie, and Billy has since come forward to set the record straight.
The industry vet noted:
├óΓé¼ΓÇ╣”[Trump] is currently indulging in some revisionist history, reportedly telling allies, including at least one United States senator, that the voice on the tape is not his. This has hit a raw nerve in me.”
As you surely recall, Bush was ousted from NBC after he laughed and engaged with the Trumpster amid lewd remarks. While this scandal completely destroyed the 46-year-old’s life, Donnie got to become the president. Understandably, Billy is salty AF about this situation.
On the tape in question, Billy confirmed the conversation, as he told the Times:
“Of course he said it. We laughed along, without a single doubt that this was hypothetical hot air from America’s highest-rated bloviator. Along with Donald Trump and me, there were seven other guys present on the bus at the time, and every single one of us assumed we were listening to a crass standup act. He was performing. Surely, we thought, none of this was real.”
Man, oh man. He added:
“We now know better.”
However, Bush made sure to address his own failure in participating in the unsavory ’05 convo. Although the Access Hollywood alum didn’t agree with what Trump was saying, at the time, he laughed along in order to further his career. The New York native explained:
“Was I acting out of self-interest? You bet I was. Was I alone? Far from it. With Mr. Trump’s outsized viewership back in 2005, everybody from Billy Bush on up to the top brass on the 52nd floor had to stroke the ego of the big cash cow along the way to higher earnings. None of us were guilty of knowingly enabling our future president. But all of us were guilty of sacrificing a bit of ourselves in the name of success.”
In order to further distance himself from Trump, Bush then declared his support for the many women who’ve accused 45 of sexual assault. In fact, Billy called out Trump and co. for denying the allegations, as it has likely “reopened the wounds of the women who came forward.”
“To these women: I will never know the fear you felt or the frustration of being summarily dismissed and called a liar, but I do know a lot about the anguish of being inexorably linked to Donald Trump. You have my respect and admiration. You are culture warriors at the forefront of necessary change.”
And it seems that Billy has truly grown from his fall from grace, as he concluded:
“After everything over the last year, I think I’m a better man and father to my three teenage daughters ├óΓé¼ΓÇ¥ far from perfect, but better.”
Well said. Perhaps it’s time to welcome Billy back into the fold??
Just a thought…
[Image via FayesVision/WENN.]