It’s been a bang up year for Vin Diesel!
Forbes just named the action star the top grossing actor of 2017, listing his salary as $1.6 billion.
Diesel’s high-octane earnings were largely due to being the face of the Fast and the Furious franchise — the latest entry of which, Fate of the Furious, topped $1.2 billion at the international box office.
The film also towed Dwayne “The Rock” Johnson to the no. 2 spot on the list, with a salary of $1.5 billion. Now we know why the franchise leads weren’t in any hurry to crank out the next Fast film like their broke costar Tyrese Gibson!
See the full list, which is calculated by adding up 2017 global ticket sales of major films as of Dec. 26, 2017 (animated movies not included), below:
1. Vin Diesel ($1.6 billion)
2. Dwayne Johnson ($1.5 billion)
3. Gal Gadot ($1.4 billion)
4. Emma Watson ($1.3 billion)
5. Johnny Depp ($1.1 billion)
6. Daisy Ridley ($1.08 billion)
7. Tom Holland ($888 million)
8. Chris Pratt ($864 million)
9. Chris Hemsworth ($845 million)
10. John Boyega ($815 million)
[Image via JLN Photography/WENN.]