The Deuce Co-Creator Responds To Sexual Misconduct Allegations Against James Franco: ‘We Have No Awareness Of Any Incident’

James Franco

There has still yet to be any official confirmation of James Franco‘s wrongdoing on the set of The Deuce.

As we reported earlier, five women have spoken to The Los Angeles Times alleging the actor previously engaged in inappropriate or exploitative behavior while on set or in acting classes.

Related: Franco Says Allegations Against Him Are ‘Not Accurate’

E! News has since received a statement from HBO, who produced the show based on the birth of the modern porn industry in the ’70s. The company said on Thursday:

“We have verified that no complaints about Mr. Franco have come in on The Deuce production.”

Further, the project’s co-creator and executive producer, David Simon, added:

“I am still reading it the same as everyone else, trying to discern what is or isn’t there. Personally, I can only speak knowledgeably to The Deuce. I’ve checked with all my fellow producers and other personnel. We have no complainant or complaint or any awareness of any incident of concern involving Mr. Franco. Nor has HBO been approached with any complaint. In our experience, he was entirely professional as an actor, director and producer.”

Well, that’s good news for Franco — but just because there isn’t official documentation doesn’t mean the inappropriate behavior didn’t happen.

We’re sure there will be more on this. Stay tuned.

[Image via Brian To/WENN.]

Jan 11, 2018 4:50pm PDT

More Like This