Hide your college rejection letters — because it looks like Laura Ingraham‘s “pre-planned” vacation won’t be an extended one amid her drama with Parkland shooting survivor David Hogg.
The Ingraham Angle host received a strong show of support from her boss on Monday, who confirmed to the Los Angeles Times that she will return to Fox News next week as planned.
Jack Abernethy, co-president of the network, told the paper:
“We cannot and will not allow voices to be censored by agenda-driven intimidation efforts. We look forward to having Laura Ingraham back hosting her program next Monday when she returns from spring vacation with her children.”
On Friday, Ingraham told viewers she would be taking a scheduled break with her family — which conveniently came after she received backlash for mocking Hogg, a senior at Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School, after he revealed he was not accepted into four University of California schools.
Over a dozen sponsors have pulled their ads since the controversy broke earlier in the week. By Friday, The Ingraham Angle had only two spots — both from IBM — that were not direct response advertisers.
Despite how bad it looks, an insider familiar with the situation said the sponsor “boycott” hasn’t resulted in a significant financial hit. No advertisers have pulled their money from the network, the source explained, but have simply moved from The Ingraham Angle to other programs on Fox News.
Based on Abernathy’s statement, Ingraham will return with or without her advertisers. The network hired her to be a provocative commentator who appeals to conservative viewers — so, we guess mocking the intelligence of a teen mass shooting survivor is right on brand for her.