10-Year-Old Girl Dies After Getting Electrocuted Trying To Rescue Kittens From Behind A Dryer

no title

On Saturday, a 10-year-old girl from Texas died after getting electrocuted trying to rescue her kittens (not pictured above) from behind a dryer.

Greenlee Marie‘s family has set up a GoFundMe page in honor of her memory.

Related: This Adorable Pup Has The Saddest Story

According to the fundraiser:

“On July 7th, Greenlee lost her life in a traumatizing accident at home. She was trying to rescue two kittens from behind her family’s dryer when she was tragically taken from this world. At just 10 years of age, she had such a compassionate heart, not just for people but for orphaned and injured animals as well.”

On Monday, the girl’s mother Shelby Roos issued a statement on her Facebook page where she describes her daughter as having “more compassion for everything living at 10 years old than most will have in a lifetime.”

That same day, Roos told KSLA-TV that Greenlee “loved her babies,” referring to the kittens she tried to rescue. She added:

“And she would do anything for them… I know she is up there right now with all of her babies.”

According to New Boston Police Chief Gary McCrary, authorities have not identified the sole factor that led to Greenlee’s death.

“It is too early right now to go ahead and place blame and responsibility until the investigation is over.”

On Wednesday, the GoFundMe page revealed that the kittens are “very safe and still very loved.”

The girl’s body has been sent to Dallas for an autopsy, according to the Dallas Morning News.

[Image via Shirley Nordenskiold/WENN.]

Jul 11, 2018 8:46pm PDT

More Like This