Got A Tip?

Star Seeker

Film Flickers

Quentin Tarantino Says Blaming Movie Violence Is 'Disrespectful' To Sandy Hook Victims

Quentin Tarantino Says Blaming Movie Violence Is 'Disrespectful' To Sandy Hook Victims

Quentin Tarantino Says Talking Movie Violence Disrespects Sandy Hook Victims
Quentin Tarantino has had to play a lot of defense over his newest film Django Unchained!
Both the language and the violence have come under fire all throughout the film’s release so far, and QT– never one to stay on the QT for long — has happily discussed his vision.
But when the director was recently asked about the appropriateness of film violence in the wake of the Sandy Hook tragedy, he was offended! He said:

“I think it’s disrespectful to their memory, actually, the memory of the people who died, to talk about movies. I think it’s totally disrespectful to their memory. Obviously, the issue is gun control and mental health.”

Quentin went on to say:

“I’ve been asked this question for 20 years — about the effects of violence in movies related to violence in real life. My answer is the same 20 years ago. It hasn’t changed one iota… Obviously, I don’t think one has to do with the other.”

That’s definitely a clear statement!
While we understand that some people may be more sensitive to movie violence than others, we have to agree that attacking the world of art and make-believe skirts the real issues.
If gun violence is going to stop, the conversation has to be about guns!
We got your back, Quentin!
[Image via Kyle Blair/WENN.]

CLICK HERE TO COMMENT
Jan 04, 2013 21:31pm PDT

Share This