Drake took to Instagram to remember Redway, posting two different tributes.
[Image via Instagram.]
Jonathan Rhys Meyers was in court today (in France) to be sentenced for threatening to kill three cops back in 2009.
He was in an airport when he made the threat, drunkenly. He said:
"I’m going to give a million dollars to ruin your life, I’ll kill you and your family."
That's definitely something you don't say to a cop, let alone three.
He landed a month suspended sentence and was ordered to pay about a thousand dollars in a fine!
We really hope this is enough to keep him on the narrow, but we're worried it won't. We were given some hope when he went to rehab, but lost it again when he tried to commit suicide a few months later.
We all want you better, Jonathan! Stay strong!
[Image via WENN.]
Jonathan Rhys Meyers has been taken away by an ambulance in an apparent suicide attempt. He's believed to have taken an overdose of pills.
Paramedics had to call the police when they found him slumped over on the floor and refusing treatment for half an hour:
Hopefully, this time will take.
This marks the Tudors actor's fourth time in rehab in an attempt to kick his alcohol addiction and from what we hear, he isn't taking it seriously enough for this to be his last time either. According to reports, Jon checked into a London facility last month after a drunken scene at an airport. Jon was spotted in the VIP lounge at New York's JFK Airport, knocking back vodka drinks while he waited to board his flight to Los Angeles. When he tried to board, the staff refused to let him on the plane, insisting he was too drunk to fly. This sent him into a "foul-mouthed tirade" and his girlfriend, heiress Reena Hammer, into a fit of anger. She reportedly offered him an ultimatum right there in the airport, saying, "Check into rehab or I'm dumping you."
So he did, but his treatment lasted all of 10 days before he left the facility due to "work commitments."
Um, its called a summer hiatus for a reason. And besides, it sounds like you really needs this!
As far as we know, Tudors won't be shooting again for awhile so why are you running from the help you so desperately need? Maybe if you gave rehab the attention it deserves, you wouldn't have to go back again and again and again.
Just a thought, Jon. We just want to see you well.
[Image via WENN.]
So much for that!
It recently came out that a service worker at JFK airport had filed a complaint against Jonathan Rhys Meyers for allegedly verbally and physically abusing her last year, but now, the 'victim' Kathryn Williams is seriously changing her tune!
According to a statement from her lawyer, Elliot Budashewitz:
We have withdrawn her March 7, 2011 Complaint filed against Jonathan Rhys Meyers in the Supreme Court, Queens County. In addition, any interpretation of said Complaint as alleging physical contact made by Mr. Meyers in inaccurate. There is no claim that Mr. Meyers made any physical contact with Ms. Williams or that she sustained any "physical" bodily injury as a result of any physical contact. Any inconvenience caused Mr. Meyers by any misinterpretation of the complaint to the contrary was certainly unintended.
Hmm - we wonder what caused such a dramatic change of tune!
Tisk, tisk! Those are some pretty horrible allegations to falsely make about someone!
But oh, well! It's over with now!
Here's hoping that everyone can just put the matter behind them and move on with their lives.
[Image via WENN.]
Looks like Jonathan Rhys Meyers could be looking at some big trouble if all of this is true.
A service worker at JFK airport is claiming that Meyers, without cause or reason, assaulted and battered her.
Kathryn Williams says this is what happened:
She was working as a service director when the Irish actor "verbally and physically" abused her at about 6 a.m. on May 7, 2010, "causing her to sustain physical injuries and severe emotional distress."
She's now seeking damages for everything that has been done: assault and battery, intentional infliction of emotional distress, and outrage.
So does that mean she's only seeking money?
If he did this, then that's a very serious and horrible thing to do. We'd want her to be pressing charges or something too, because something so heinous shouldn't just require a check.
We would hope that this isn't true in any situation, though, celebrity or not. Violence is never good.
But with all the recent celebrities coming to light having physically and verbally abused women, sadly, we wouldn't be shocked if this just added to that long list.
Come on, people!
[Image via Ramey Pix.]
Sorry, Ioan Gruffudd, but it looks like somebody else is going to take over the title of Mr. Fantastic.
As seems to be the case with every franchise these days, Fantastic Four is getting the reboot treatment, and the casting rumors have begun for some of the lead roles.
The top two contenders for Mr. Fantastic are Adrien Brody and Jonathan “Crazy Eyes” Rhys Meyers. Both certainly seem like intriguing picks for the lead character, but perhaps Brody comes across as a more likable superhero than troubled Rhys Meyers. Guess we’ll see.
As far as the Invisible Woman role is concerned, two names currently being thrown around are Alice Eve and Amber Heard.
Eve recently quit X-Men: First Class, so we only hope she’ll stick to her word if she lands this role. Her competition, Amber Heard, was also up for a role in the new X-Men, but she lost out to Jennifer Lawrence. Maybe you’ll have better luck this time, Amber!
The only other name floating around at the moment is Kevin Pennington, for the Human Torch role. Pennington is known for his 4-episode run on 90210, and he also played an uncredited party stud in the 2009 comedy Miss March.
We wish you all the best of luck
but mostly Adrien Brody!
Are U on Team Brody or Team Crazy Eyes?
[Images via WENN.]