"There are girls all over the place trying to get to him - he is one handsome fella with an incredible smile and eyes… What's really surprised me is he's really witty, really funny - he really makes me laugh. He's been ever so brave, not making any fuss… He seems remarkable … one of those people — Sean Penn has it too — a kind of panache. I look at them and think, 'How did you get that? How do you get so that life is easy?' But he has got a lovely, lovely character. It's a gift."
– Oscar winner Mark Rylance on his Dunkirk costar Harry Styles being the perfect male specimen in every way.
"As a member of the LGBT community myself, I was disappointed by the fact that George was disappointed… I get it. He has had his own personal journey and has his own personal relationship with this character but, you know, as we established in the first Star Trek film in 2009, we've created an alternate universe, and my hope is that eventually George can be strengthened by the enormously positive response from especially young people who are heartened by and inspired by this really tasteful and beautiful portrayal of something that I think is gaining acceptance and inclusion in our societies across the world, and should be."
- Zachary Quinto's response to George Takei saying that Sulu being gay in the upcoming film Star Trek Beyond was "really unfortunate."
[Image via Ivan Nikolov/WENN.]
"I'd be terrible at being like Taylor Swift, the perfect Miss America version of interacting with fans and making sure they have a good experience. I mean, I don't want people to meet me and have it f*ck up their day, but I'm glad I can say something weird to them and they know that's just me."
– Anna Kendrick on embracing the fact that she'll never be like Taylor Swift.
[Image via Instagram.]
"I told her she walked like a relief pitcher coming in from the bullpen. I was expecting this beautiful creature to emerge and walk on. She suddenly looks like a guy coming out of a bullpen to walk out to the mound."
- Woody Allen on noticing Kristen Stewart's surprisingly intimidating walk while filming in his upcoming comedy Café Society.
[Image via Cannes Film Festival.]
"faint sound on the upper east side this morning attributed to hundreds of pounds of body hair being waxed, shaved and trimmed #MetGala2016 (the sound, if one is interested, is like the sound of tiny birds' wings beating)"
- Lorde telling her four million Twitter followers about what Met Gala red carpet prep is really like.
"Beyoncé is Jesus Christ."
- Adele telling the audience her thoughts on the global superstar at her Stockholm, Sweden concert.
[Image via Derrick Salters/WENN.]