If this is true, it is absolutely crazy!
[Image via WENN.]
Usher's "surprise" wedding to his ten-years-older pregnant fiance, Tameka Foster, imploded in his face when the ceremony was cancelled at the last minute on Saturday.
It is unclear if the pair are still even a couple.
What went wrong????
According to The New York Daily News:
- Some guests speculated Usher was furious after discovering his intended had concealed details of her past. Late last week, the National Enquirer reported that Foster was an ex-con whose drug-dealing ex-lover had been gunned down.
- Others suggested the bride, who has three children from a previous marriage, may have balked at signing a prenup.
- Still others wondered whether the long-standing enmity between Foster and Usher's mother was to blame. In May, the singer fired his mom, Jonetta Patton, from her job as his manager, allegedly at Foster's prompting. "Jonetta was invited to the wedding at the last minute, but she didn't want to go," a source told the Daily News. "She's not a hypocrite. As much as she loves her son, she's not going to pretend that everything's fine," the source said.
According to People:
- "Usher's mother [and former manager, Jonetta Patton, whom he fired in May] is against the wedding. That is one of the main obstacles," a source tells the mag.
- Also, "They only decided two weeks ago to have a wedding. They wanted to have it take place before the baby bump started showing."
- "The tents were up," an insider tells People. "And they paid all of the people, the vendors, so that wasn't an issue. … Hotel rooms were an issue. Janet [Jackson] was coming, but she had eight security people. Ashanti and Nelly were coming."
- Usher and Foster also "had a lot of differences about the details. For example, the bride wanted barbeque, [and] he wanted to have [renowned chef] Jean Georges cook," said the source.
- As a result of the differences, the wedding "was on again off again for the past few days. [Foster] was calling it off because she wasn't getting the things that she wanted. The mother was calling it off. … Usher was calling it off."
According to Life & Style Weekly:
- Usher invited his previously estranged father to the ceremony, along with his godfather, Ben Vereen. Singer Robin Thicke was to perform at the affair, organized by famed wedding planner Diann Valentine and catered by Harlem chef Sylvia.
- The multimillion-dollar couple had registered with Crate & Barrel and Williams-Sonoma, asking for items such as $8 asparagus tongs and a $4,000 espresso maker. One guest called that decision "tacky." "You'd think that he'd invite people to give to a favorite charity," the source said. "Does he really need another toaster?"
This was juicy.
Britney Spears is taking notes on what to do for her third wedding!
[Photo via Getty Images.]