Lady GaGa works hard on that amaaaaazing body of hers.
But if you do just a few exercises, soon you can have abs just like her!
Her trainer Harley Pasternak says that all it takes is a little time out of your day to do the following five moves:
The Bicycle Crunch
• Lie flat on the floor with your lower back pressed to the ground (pull your abs down to also target your deep abs). Interlace your fingers and put your hands behind your head.
• Bring your knees in toward your chest and lift your shoulder blades off the ground.
• Straighten your right leg out to about a 45-degree angle to the ground while turning your upper body to the left, bringing your right elbow toward the left knee. Make sure your rib cage is moving and not just your elbows.
• Now switch sides and do the same motion on the other side to complete one rep, which creates the peddling motion. Do this exercise with slow and controlled motion.
• Do 10 reps.
• Sit on the ground with your knees bent and your heels about two feet from your bum.
• Lean slightly back without rounding your spine at all. It is really important, and difficult, to keep your back straight, but don't let it curve.
• Place your arms straight out in front of you with your hands one on top of the other. Your hands should be level with the bottom of your ribcage.
• Pull your navel to your spine and twist slowly to the left. The movement is not large and comes from the ribs rotating, not from your arms swinging. Inhale through center and rotate to the right. This completes one rep.
• Do 16 full rotations.
Reverse Crunch and Double Crunch
• Lie on your back on the floor. Place your hands on the floor beside you.
• Bring the knees in toward the chest with your feet together.
• Use your abs to slowly curl the hips off the floor and into your chest; now slowly lower them back to the starting position to complete one.
• Do two sets of 25. Don't swing your legs to create momentum; use your abs — after all this is an ab exercise.
*Double the return on your efforts adding an upper abdominal curl while you curl up your pelvis. This will work your upper abs as well as your lower abs. Go slowly and feel as if you are curving around your belly button from both the top and the bottom of your spine.
Dumbbell Side Bends (These are GaGa's favorite!)
• While holding dumbbells, bend side to side.
• Don't go too heavy on the weights!
• Do a 25-minute cardio circuit fives times a week
• This includes running, walking, and even dancing!
If you just do a mix of these ab exercises along with some high-intensity cardio, you will melting off that belly fat in no time! Use Queen GaGa as your inspiration!
[Image via WENN.]